Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Goodbye Firefox For Now

Why Firefox is no longer my default browser. I still use Firefox (I really need some of those extensions) but all of those 'Firefox cannot find the server' messages when going to websites finally just made me decide to make Opera default. Opera finds those sites just fine.

Sometimes I had to press the Retry button 3 times to get to what I know is a valid site.

At first I thought it was just my computer, but then I tried on other computers and it is the same. Then I found I am not the only one with this problem.

I looked on the Moilla forum for answers and all I got was 'you must have spyware',  it's your firewall' or some such nonsense. Sorry, I think it's a bug in Firefox that somehow is overlooked by all of those folks that contribute. Too many people are experiencing this problem. (Some from as far back as 2005) If it is a security thing, why doesn't it happen for all sites?

Even some Linux users have this problem.

You know what? Opera is faster and renders pages much better.

Martha

2 comments:

Angelia said...

Is this why Windows 7 "falls" off line erratically?

Thanks, A

Martha's Blog » Blog Archive Can’t Find Google | Martha's Blog said...

[...] Some time back I wrote a post about ‘Firefox cannot find the server‘. [...]