Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Buying an iPad From BestBuy

After I first saw the iPad with retina display I decided I really wanted one.  Since they are not exactly cheap I didn't buy one right away.

I had a $10 gift certificate for BestBuy and when they ran an ad that offered a $30 gift certificate with the purchase of an iPad, I went for it.  I picked out a cool cover from the discounted selection and went to checkout.  I asked about the gift card as she hadn't mentioned it. She then went to get the card after verifying with another sales person that I should get one.

I learned a long time ago to really watch when checking out, so when the sales girl had a CD with a antivirus product in her hand, I told her I didn't want it. She told me that it came with my iPad! I knew better, so I watched carefully as it rang up for $27. Again I told her  'I don't want it'.  She was rather insistant and I emphasized again, "I DON'T WANT IT".

So she removed that charge and proceeded to push a waranty. After repeated "No"s by me she finished the transaction  and I paid for my purachase sans antivirus.

Since by now I was rather pissed off, I decided to request the iPad package be opened to ensure there was an actual iPad in the box. There was, so I left.

Now if I hadn't known better, I would have paid for that antivirus. I wonder how many other folks did?

Martha

No comments: