Monday, November 11, 2013

Tale of a Prescription

If I was even a little bit paranoid, I would have been sure this was a conspiracy out to get me.

Last week I went to the eye doctor for my annual exam. Everything was as well as can be expected after having eye surgery on the right eye to repair a macula hole. However I do have an infection on the eye lids, so the doctor said he was giving me a prescription. The assistant said it wouldn’t be ready until after 5 PM, so since I turn into a pumpkin about that time I waited until the following day to pick it up

The pharmacy had no record of this prescription, so I called the eye doctor’s office to see what was up. After checking they were most apologetic and said they were sending it ‘right now’.

Now I went to pick it up, but no it still wasn’t ready as the prescription did not have the required specified amount. The pharmacy had faxed the doctor’s office, but there had been no reply. So I went back the next day and yet again the prescription was not ready as there still had been no reply from the doctor’s office.

Fast forward to today. I went to pick up the prescription and it wasn’t ready  and won’t be until 5 PM. So again, I will wait.  Since there is a major temperature drop expected tonight, I guess I will try to hold off on the reversion to the pumpkin stage and pick it up after 5 PM, assuming it will finally be ready.

If it isn’t ready, I am going to assume there really is a conspiracy concerning this prescription!

No comments: