Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Windows XP SP2, I did it, I installed it!

I must say, the installation of Windows XP SP2 went very smooth. I have been reading about problems that other people have had and was very hesitant to install SP2, but hey, I have the CD, I have my system backed up using PowerQuest Drive Image,I printed all the instructions on how to remove SP2 and if that didn't work, maybe it 's time to do a re-install! (Shudder!)
But everthing went just fine. I did disable everything on my computer that normally runs in the background like Norton Anti-virus and Norton Firewall, Spyware blaster and PestPatrol. It took less than 45 minutes from start to finish and so far everything is working ok. I hope I don't find programs that won't work! If I do, rest assured, they will be posted here and on my web site, Martha's Web. I have a lot of programs, so it may take awhile to scope this all out!

1 comment:

Chip Fre said...

I'm scared to put it in my Dell Domension 2400 XP Home Edition PC. Everything is working excellent, and have McAfee's and Spybot, and Adaware running all the time. I am DSL user.

Chip