Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Shopping for Food

I hate to go shopping for food. I think everytime I go, the price is higher on at least one item, maybe more.
I am too tempted to buy convenience food as I don't like to cook. So I probably spend more money than I should on those already prepared items. And since I am a junk food junkie, I know I spend too much money that way as well.

I make lists and cut coupons. Then I forget to take the lists and don't usually buy anything that I could use a coupon to purchase.

I am probably in a minority in that I watch TV commercials about food. Usually, after I have seen the commercials, I won't buy the product because I feel they have insulted my intelligence or I just think the commercials are 'too silly'. (I once saw a coffee commercial that said they had more coffee in their one pound can than in the competitor's one pound can. Now maybe they could brew more because it took less to make, but that wasn't what they said. They dumped a pound can of coffee on the table and had coffee left over when they put it into a competitor's empty can. Now if they thought I hadn't heard of vacumn pack, they were wrong.
There is a commercial for a brand of cereal that insults my intelligense and is so silly. The commercial seems to think I am only going to eat one meal a day.

The supermarket commercials can really irritate me as well. They just brag about how much I can save, especially if I use their "preferred card'. Seems to me that's like saying 'You won't save anything' if you don't use their card and that means two sets of prices. Should be the same price for everyone. I know they just want customers to get a card so they can track everything the customer buys. It's none of their business what I buy. They can figure out what customers are buying by keeping track of their inventory so why do they need to know what I am buying? I just shop where they don't have 'nosy cards'.

Have to go now and go food shopping.

No comments: