Saturday, July 12, 2008

Amazed!

I never cease to be amazed at how stupid some people can be or at least how stupid their remarks can be.

I still take my local newspaper although I am not sure for how much longer. Every Saturday there is a section called 'Cheers and Jeers'. Folks write in to 'cheer' someone for a good deed or a happy thing and some write in to 'jeer' someone for a bad or stupid thing.

Today there were a few 'jeers' that fall into the 'where have you been hiding, under a rock?' category.

One numskull is jeering the airlines for 'price gouging'. I guess this turkey does't have a car or he would know gas is way expensive these days. Then again, maybe he hasn't figured out that airplanes need fuel to fly!

Then there was the guy who wants the car companies to quit running ads and ruining his TV programs. Guess he hasn't figured out those ads are what makes his viewing programs for free! Where has he been hiding? Ads have been on TV for over 50 years, has he just now noticed? (I will admit some of those ads are obnoxious, but most TV remotes do have a mute button!)

Now comes the corker, the guy who wants our elected officials to put a limit on how many babies people can have, just like China does. I wonder if he would like to have a Communist government like China does. We have 'over-population' according to him. I suspect he doesn't like kids.

Some days I just need to blow off some steam; this is one of those days.

Martha

No comments: