Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Gmail Blip?

Today I discovered something in Gmail that surely has me worried.

I use two Gmail accounts, one for personal stuff and the other for business related stuff. This has really worked just fine for the most part (except when I signed up for Coke Rewards and the spam gate opened!)

Generally Gmail handles the spam just fine.  I do look in the spam folder as occasionally a legitimate email goes to the spam filter, but not often.

But today something odd happened.  I have been having a problem with other websites hot-linking to my images so I have decided to 'watermark' all my images.  I am not really graphics inclined and all of the watermark files I have made are ok for some, but not for others.  So I have searched for a program that will do the trick for me and I found one reasonably priced so I bought it.

I of course had to provide an email address and I used the Gmail address I use for business.

I kept waiting for the confirmation email from the site, but it didn't show up.  Don't know why I decided to look in the Trash folder, but I did and there was the email I waited for.  In the Trash! I did NOT delete it!  In fact there were three emails from the vendor.  I could understand if I had found them in the Spam folder, but the Trash?

So now I am getting concerned about Gmail and I guess I will have to search the trash from now on. Hopefully this was a temporary blip, but now I feel I can't trust Gmail.

Martha

No comments: