Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Where's the Quality?

Remember that Wendy's commercial with the old lady wanting to know "Where's the Beef"?

Well, this old lady wants to know 'Where's the Quality?'

I purchased some Hanes pajamas for gifts in December.  This month (January) I have been patching and mending seams that were not sewn properly in said pajamas. Every pair. They fit loosely so it isn't a 'busting out' problem. They are always advertising on TV for Hanes underwear, but I suspect I have purchased Hanes pajamas for the last time. I think they need to spend less on advertising and more on quality control.

Appliances should last for more than five years without expensive repairs. However, the new dryer quit alerting me when the clothes were dry when it was less than two years old. The sensor that tells when the clothes are dry quit working when it was less than five years old. Now it is taking twice as long to dry clothes than it did when it was new five years ago.

The new washer sprang a leak, less than five years old.

The new refrigerator had to have a repair when it was three years old.

The new dishwasher had to be repaired less than five years old.

Oh yes, these appliances are all made by GE, which brand won't ever be purchased by me again. I just hope some company out there does make good appliances.

They don't make stuff like they used to when it was all made in the USA.

Martha

No comments: