Monday, October 22, 2007

Tiny Houses

Little is Good!

TumbleWeed Houses, an alternative to McMansions and a lot less expensive!

I saw an article about living in a tiny house a while back. I really can't imagine living in one of these itsy bitsy dwellings, but then again, it would be a sure fire way to live back to basics!

They seem to have just about everything you really need (except closet space!) and they are really pretty complete. Cute too! The designer of these houses has even been on Oprah, so if you watch Oprah you may already know about these tiny palaces.

There are even some small house communities. The one in Geneva shows some really nice small houses, a little bigger than tiny, but certainly not big. A Tiny House Community

There is a website devoted to tiny houses of all sorts. A Tiny Houses Website. Some of these tiny houses are play houses or fishing shacks. Some are little garden houses and some are vacation houses, but they are all tiny. (And cute!)

You've probably heard at least once in your lifetime that everything is bigger in Texas. This is true even for tiny houses. Tiny Texas Houses look pretty nice and a bit more roomy that some of the other tiny houses I looked at on the 'net. I could afford one of those and it looks like I could just pick it up and move it if I wanted to as well.

These folks built their tiny house for about $6000. A Boat Builders Little House I don't think I am up to that, but if I had some help, maybe!

These little dwellings appeal to me, but somehow I don't think I would really like to live in one all the time. However, I think it might be fun
to try, just for a little while!

There seems to be more tiny houses than I realized! The tiniest houses in New York City comes with a not so tiny price! And not to be outdone, there is a tiny house in Toronto!  There is an email going around that says this house is in Brooklyn, but 'tisn't so.(The price is more reasonable too.)

Martha

No comments: