Wednesday, January 02, 2008

My BS Meter

There are meters for lots of things. Nearly all of them are for charging something for us to pay.

There's the electric meter. (Ouch!)

The water meter. (Ouch again!)

The gas meter. A lot of us don't have one of these because our home is all electric. But if you have one of these, it's in the Ouch category!

A parking meter if we have to go to the business area of our city/town.

There are meters in taxicabs to figure how much the rider has to pay for his or her ride.

I am sure there are other meters for things I haven't thought about.

A meter generally requires someone to read it so the bills can be sent to customers. Parking meters usually are read by the local law enforcement and will cause a parking ticket if there is no time left on the meter when the meter reader comes around. Those are put under the windshield wipers so the driver will be sure to see it.

Last, but not least, there is the BS meter. This may not be in evidence until someone somewhere starts a tall tale. This usually goes off for me when viewing commercials on TV. It really went off when I saw an ad for this product, Detox Foot Pads and another site who seems to debunk but just wants you to buy their product.

Since I first saw this ad on TV I have done a bit of research about these detox foot pads.There are quite a few other products of the same nature, each claiming to 'detoxify' your body by putting a special patch on the bottom of your feet. You can even buy these products at t some of your local drug stores.

I know there are some strange things in this world that apparently work wonders, but my 'meter' is still making loud sounds because I just don't see how this could work. (There is truth in calling Missouri the 'Show Me State'; I am from Missouri!)

If you have tried the detox foot patches and it worked for you, how did you know it worked?

Martha

No comments: