Monday, December 31, 2007

I Don't Want to Hear Any More

I have a feeling I am not the only one who doesn't want to hear or read any more about misbehaving celebrities, namely Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, etc. At least I certainly hope I'm not the only one! I especially don't want to hear any more about O.J.

The media seems to think we are all avid to hear about everything these people do, and I guess there is an element of the population who has nothing better to do than hear about celebrities and celebrities who have fallen from grace.

I suppose it is a sign of the times. Many Americans do not know who is the Vice-President of the United States or the name of the Speaker of the House, but they can tell you who wore what at the latest Hollywood bash.

I can only hope that they will eventually grow up, but I am beginning to have doubts. Perhaps one day they will 'get with the program' and one can only hope those who will vote in the next elections will stop fawning over the pathetic lives of celebrities that are alcoholics, druggies and certainly shouldn't be role models for the segment of the population who seem to be insatiable about following the media flap.

Maybe I just am too grumpy! I think I need to find some 'fun stuff' to write about.

By the way, Happy New Year!

Martha

No comments: