Sunday, June 22, 2008

Not as Young as I Used to Be

I did something today I haven't done in years. I mowed some of the lawn and I used a push mower. Not a gas powered push mower either, an old fashioned push mower.

Yep, I now know for sure, I'm not as young as I used to be. That's obvious every time I see myself in the mirror. But for some reason that didn't really make me KNOW.

Notice I said I mowed some of the lawn. I decided I wasn't ready to die, so I quit while I was still breathing, although I was still breathing hard!

But since I don't want to be a quitter, I got a cold wet washrag, washed my face and back to mowing. I decided to take a break and went back in the house. My son decided to finish the job so I wouldn't kick the bucket. (I was almost through, he needn't have worried!) So now the lawn needed trimming and away I go trimming. This wasn't bad at all and I am not as hot as I was mowing.

I finished up and came back in the cool house and looked for my wet washrag to mop my face.  I looked everywhere and couldn't find it. Then I remembered where it was. It was on the back of my neck, keeping me cooler.

I told you I am not as young as I used to be and neither is my memory!

Martha

No comments: