Saturday, June 28, 2008

Snagit 9 and My Default Browser

Snagit has come up with a winner on this upgrade, no doubt about it.  I have always been a fan of Snagit and have used it for a long time.

But the folks at TechSmith sorta made me unhappy about one thing. I'll explain. When Snagit 9 opened for the first time, a window came up asking me if I was a first time user or a returning user. I clicked the previous user link and.........It opened in Internet Explorer!

My default browser is Firefox and it is my default browser for a good reason. I do not like Internet Explorer 7. Period. Since I am using Vista, that is the version of IE I have. I never use it, because I don't like it. If I didn't need to see how my web pages look in IE, it would be disabled if I could figure out how to do it.

TechSmith folks, listen up.  It is not nice to make IE execute in Snagit. Tacky! Really tacky! I hope you are listening!

Seriously folks, Snagit 9 is a winner. It's great!

Martha

2 comments:

Peter - Snagit Guide said...

Hello Martha,

Thanks for your post. I don't think Snagit is to blame, but rather your operating system, that chooses the browser to open. I also use firefox as my main browser, but when opening certain links to my dismay they open in explorer.

I agree on your winner :-)

Pat Geary said...

I use it every day for any number of things and it is great. Liked the old one but SnagIt 9 is a winner and a keeper.