Friday, September 26, 2008

My Email Address is 'Invalid'

Today I received an email from AARP asking me to take a survey. (Yes, I am a member of AARP.)

I went to the site to take the survey and of course they want me to log in. So I entered my email address and password and then got a message 'enter a valid email address'. So thinking I may have made a typo the first time, I entered it again.  Nope, 'Enter a valid email address' popped up again.

Well this 'invalid email address' has been receiving and sending email a long time,including from AARP so I can only assume AARP is having a problem with their site. Their email server is apparently working though, as I received their email sent to my 'invalid email address' just fine.

If this is happening to a lot of other folks and I suspect it is, I wonder how long it will take them to figure out something is wrong.

Since most of the time the emails I get from them are wanting me to send money for some purpose or other, I think I will just unsubscribe from AARP's email.  That is as soon as I can convince them the email they have been using to send me those emails is 'valid'.

Martha

1 comment:

MR G. A. PEPIN said...

I have had exactly the same problem more than once and I still do not know the reason nor the solution. I suspect the .com has something to do with it.

Very recently googlemail on someone else's computer (running Vista) refused to accept a new .com address for a contact or to send an Email to that address. However it had already been accepted into my own Googlemail account's list of contact addresses and mail can be sent to it from my computer (running on XP)