Sunday, September 21, 2008

Writer's Block Due to Being Overwhelmed by Political Pablum

As a general rule, I can think of a lot of stuff to write about, when I am away from the computer. But just let me decide I need to put a new post on my blog and the block looms large.

I think part of my problem right now is the fact that I am so sick and tired of all the political stuff coming at me from every direction. I have this urge to jump on folks and lambast them for such obvious one sided views that I am becoming unreasonable about the whole political thing.

All of the stuff I read is so one sided, regardless of which side. They bash everyone that doesn't think the way they think. Free speech is something I treasure and since I do treasure it, I refrain from replying in snide remarks about their choice of candidates and their derision for others in this crazy political year.

I just wish things could be a bit more positive instead of so much negative remarks. So you don't like Sarah Palin? Then say something positive about Biden. Don't like Obama? Say something positive about McCain. Can't think of anything nice to say about any of them? Keep quiet.

Don't insult my intelligence either. Don't start telling me how bad a candidate is based on what you have read. I don't care if you think someone is not fit for the job. (In my personal opinion, none of them are ready for the awful job that lies ahead for the unfortunates who mange to win this election.)

The problem for me lies in the fact that all of this political stuff just started too soon. I think we should have primaries in every state at the same time. September would be a good time. No more conventions, just let the candidates with the most votes in the primaries get the nominations. (Think of the saved money!) No more 'Super delegates'! Super delegates just totally goes against my idea of democracy. Why should anyone have more say in an election than the average citizen?

I could go on and on. Guess my writer's block lifted on this subject!

Martha

No comments: