Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Bowing Out

I finally realized that all of the political inspired hate missives I've received in my email and on Facebook have just been making me stress out.  So for now I am 'bowing out'.

It started when Obama first ran for President. I have to admit I thought some of this stuff was funny, especially the 'born in Kenya' stuff.  However, I soon realized there were a lot of folks who actually believed this junk!  That whole thing started when one of the Hilary supporters made up the whole thing in hopes it would bring more support to her (Hilary) campaign. Wow, did that backfire!  Now there is a whopping thirty percent of Republicans that believe this idiocy!

The emails made fun of everything Obama related. But then they started getting nasty. Some of my so-called Christian friends started sending this stuff. (This is Christian behavior?)
Politics and religion have always let to contentious discussions and always will. Some of the early elections in the United States were really ugly, with all sorts of nasty and untrue statements being made by the candidates about their opponents. Sounds familiar, doesn't it!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and in this country they have the right to express those opinions. I agree with that right. I also have the right to not read or hear those opinions, especially if it really stresses me out to hear what seems ugly, non-christian and downright ignorant in some instances, so I am going to just 'bow out'.

Martha

No comments: