Saturday, April 27, 2013

Playing Games

I think most of probably played the blame game when we were kids, usually trying to avoid the consequences of some action that led to something unpleasant like being grounded.

Eventually real adults figured out the blaming of others for their actions wasn't 'cool' and took responsibility for their own mistakes or actions.

Foolish me for thinking our government is run by real adults. As far as I can see, finger pointing and blaming others because the government is not working just lets me know how childish those folks on Capitol hill really are acting.

There is another game those childish folks are playing as well. I think it goes something like 'If I don't get my way, you won't either. I'll pick up my toys and go home.'

Nothing the people want is being accomplished. Everything the lobbyists want is being done.

Strange though, when something affects the Capitol Hill kids, how quickly something can happen. Like being delayed getting home on one of their many 'paid vacations' or being yelled at by the folks who voted for them the last time.

How quickly that fix was made!

Martha

No comments: