Wednesday, February 20, 2008

WARNING!

When you receive something in the mail that proclaims in big letters 'Warning!', you tend to check it out. So when I received a letter a few months ago with this 'warning' on the envelope I checked it out in a hurry. Hmph, turned out to be a notice to renew my subscription to Money magazine. All well and good, but what's going on? I had just subscribed to this magazine a few months before, so did I forget to pay the bill? I checked the label. There was the date the subscription runs out, July 08. So I tossed the letter. I'll subscribe when the due date arrives.

Then a month later I get another letter telling me how much I will miss this magazine if I don't renew now!

"Marketing is getting out of hand" I think and toss the letter.

Last month I received a third letter saying they just don't understand why I haven't renewed my subscription. I am tempted to send the letter back telling them my subscription is still good for six months so why are they so excited? However, that would mean I will have to put a stamp on the letter, so I toss it.

Today I received my copy of the magazine with a cover over it. This is what over half of the cover looked like. Money magazine cover

The second half just had my subscription information.

I have decided I will not renew this magazine; I don't need the harassment.

Martha

1 comment:

ray h said...

Hi i love your blog.