Friday, May 02, 2008

The End of an Era

The first really important email newsletter, at least for me, was 'The LangaList'. This weekly missive by Fred Langa was something I
always looked forward to. He guided me through the ins and outs of fixing Windows problems, helped me make software decisions and just always provided a really good read. It was the first email newsletter I decided was worth paying for and it was worth every penny, plus a whole lot more.

It was with some trepidation when I received word that Fred was joining forces with Brian Livingston of WindowsSecrets (the second email newsletter I had decided was worth paying for). My fears were soon put to rest as Windows Secrets came along and seemed to get better with every issue. Windows Secrets is full of tips about fixing Windows Problems and also contains tidbits of what's going on in the world of computing. It isn't the LangaList, but close. I still miss those reader's sites submitted to the LangaList. I found some real jewels there.

In my latest issue of Windows Secrets the announcement was made, Fred is leaving! So now I will no longer read those articles by Fred, at least not about computers. Fred is looking for new horizons and I hope he finds what he is looking for, as he truly deserves the best.

Maybe not all is lost, Fred does have a blog! But it isn't about computers. It is about his new challenges which seems to be a lot of fun!

Although I don't know if I would want to chase tornados, it sure might beat sitting at a computer all the time.

Good luck to you, Fred! Your loyal fans will miss you and a lot of them, like me, will keep up with you by reading your blog!

Martha

No comments: