Thursday, July 11, 2013

Setting Up Email

I don’t know why I have such a problem getting email to work with IMAP.  POP, usually no problem. Except with Thunderbird.  I have one account setup with POP on Thunderbird and it works just fine.

I tried to setup a second account using virtually the same settings except for the username, email address and password, but that Tbird just doesn’t seem to like it.

My web host is Bluehost.  Thunderbird apparently doesn’t like the default settings for one of my email accounts using IMAP.  I just can’t make it work. And Thunderbird wants to set it up using IMAP.

The strange thing is, I had it setup once and it worked.  Then I setup another account and the pesky account that used to work just disappeared. I probably deleted it somehow, but it worked yesterday and today? Poof! It’s gone and seemingly won’t come back.

So I set it up in Windows Live Mail 2012 and it works just fine. Go figure!

Martha

No comments: