Friday, July 12, 2013

TV Phrases I Hear From Marketers

“You Deserve it.”

Watch out when you hear this one.  If you buy in to it, it’s gonna cost you, usually big bucks. Furniture sales pitches may use this phrase, but sellers of other high dollar items may use it as well. This appeals to some folks’ senses that really want to indulge themselves. It must work, because I hear it again and again.

“It’s Not Your Fault:”

This phrase is being used by a local surgeon for advertising his services as a method for getting rid of excess weight. It could also be used elsewhere for the same type of service.

I imagine there probably are a few obese folks that have a medical condition that caused their over-weight condition, but I doubt that is the case for most of us fatties. It was 'my fault' for over-indulging in all that delicious fattening food I loved so well.

“The More You Buy, The More You Save.”

This one always make me shake my head in wonder. If I buy more, I am spending more money.  How is that saving?

Martha

No comments: