Thursday, August 30, 2007

Bugs and Spiders, Oh My!

I don't like bugs. In fact it is pretty accurate to say I hate bugs. Roaches, ants and bugs in general; I hate them all.

Where I live there are a lot of (shudder) spiders! All sizes of spiders, big spiders, small spiders and even some teeny tiny spiders. I am not sure what kind they are, although I did kill a black widow in the garage a few weeks ago. I am pretty sure most of them are not really dangerous other than giving me the creeps. I even found a scorpion on the kitchen floor the other day!

This is a relatively new housing development; most of the houses in this are are less than three years old. I suppose we have moved into the wild habitat of these little but scary creatures. However, I still don't want to share living space with them. As long as they stay outdoors I won't bother them, but I do NOT want them in the house!

I once saw a really creepy movie about spiders. They invaded and took over everything! Spooky, but I knew it was just a movie.

Now it looks almost like that movie in a park here in Texas! The Internet is all a buzzing about this huge spider web in Lake Tawakoni State Park. It covers several trees, bushes and even the ground in places. It is so scary some people won't go near it. (I would be one of those people!) Web sites like USA Today and a lot more have stories about this huge spider web.

They do say just about anything can have a good side and this huge web is trapping thousands of mosquitoes! Sometimes folks can hear them screaming! (I don't like mosquitoes either!)

Big Spider Web


Martha

No comments: