Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Decipher This Please!

(or I can't read my own writing!)

I sometimes take notes when I am reading so that I can write about the subject later. Sometimes I get ideas that need to be jotted down someplace before I forget them.

The problem with this note taking is this; unless I use notepad in my computer, I may not be able to read what I wrote. Just today I was going through my notes and decided to write down everything I did when setting up my wireless network. I did take notes, but not in notepad.

I usually write stuff up within a day or two of writing it down, but this time I neglected to write it up right away. So I decided to write up before my notes got lost about a week later. At the very beginning there is a reference to 'central pond'. Hm, what the heck is central pond? After trying to figure out more of my illegible note and seeing a reference to 'wrkgrp' (probably workgroup), I decided that central pond was really control panel.

By this time I started to remember the exact step and just wrote it all up from memory.

What really has me wondering though is how do pharmacists read those really bad chicken scratches that doctors write on prescription pads? If I can't read my own scrawls, how do they read the doctor's?

Martha

No comments: