Sunday, September 16, 2007

Fun With USB

(or stuff I don't need, but think it would be fun to have)

You probably thought USB stuff was for computers, but you were wrong; I know I was. There are web sites that have almost anything you can think of for those USB ports on your computer.

Some of us still insist on keeping our favorite drinks handy while using our computers even though we know liquids are not good for keyboards. If you are like me, you may forget to drink your coke while it is cold and warm coke is 'yucky'. What could be handier than a USB mini fridge to keep it cool!

Or how about a USB mini vacuum cleaner to get all the crumbs out of your keyboard? (Eating while sitting in front of the computer is really not a good idea)

Do you work in an office where the boss or whoever is in charge of the thermostat wants the temperature just slightly above freezing? You can get some USB gloves to warm your hands.

You can get a lava lamp or maybe some retro lamps. How about a motorized ashtray if you are a smoker?

A bigfoot cam, a pencil sharpener, FM radio and a host of other USB Toys are all available; just waiting to be plugged into one of your USB ports.

There is one thing that really might be handy, a CD destroyer! I have stacks of old CDs that were used to back up data. This could be the answer on how to get rid of them!

Martha

1 comment:

funfelt said...

WOW You have got to be kidding me! I had no idea this stuff existed. I wonder if it really works? It's ingenious if it does. Remember "way back when" when cigarette lighters were used for cigarettes? Now they are 'ports' for all kinds of gadgets. I guess the USB ports are going that way too! How funny! Thanks for telling us about this!
Karen