Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The Monster in the Closet

Nearly every modern home has one. For years this monster lurks, just waiting. Then one day when you least expect it, you are attacked!

If you have a dog, the dog knows this is a devil just waiting for you to let down your guard. The dog will bark trying to alert you; if only you will listen! Sometimes the poor dog is so overcome with fear of this beast he will just hide some place until the monster goes back to his lair, usually in a closet.

The monster in my closet finally showed his true colors one day not long ago. Fortunately I made the right move and escaped unharmed. I will now be on guard and hopefully this beast will not entrap me as it did my poor sister-in-law.

She did escape with only a broken bone in her hand, but now she is suffering from pain and bruises as well as an itchy cast. I think we have all warned her so that now she will leave the monster in the closet.

So for all you unwary owners of the dreaded beast known as a vacumn cleaner, beware! The long tail of the monster waits to wrap around your legs and trip you. (Worst of all, you actually have to use it before it will clean!)

Martha

1 comment:

Pat Geary said...

Martha, I just wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed reading your blog entries. I visit each morning to see what new has been added. Our Katie stays well away from the "monster in the closet." Keep up the good work. ~pat~