Wednesday, September 12, 2007

TV Guide Has to Go

I got my new TV Guide today. I am appalled! There is a series about the 'ten hot' new shows. There is one I might watch out of the ten. After reading the reviews, They would have to pay me to watch them and I doubt they would pay enough. So if this lineup is what TV Guide thinks are 'hot', then I no longer need TV Guide.

I recall someone saying that TV is a vast wasteland. It becomes more so every year. My list of programs to watch gets smaller every year.

Even the news is getting to the point I don't want to watch. Most of the news media is to the 'left'. A few are to the 'right'. I wish there was at least one that is in the 'middle'!

The local news is filled with depressing stuff, like a father making his son live outdoors under his mobile home to punish him for not completing laps fast enough. Or some poor deranged person has forty starving and dying cats in the house. Every day there is either a murder or attempted murder, home invasions, road rage, etc and the list goes on and on. There doesn't seem to be any good news anywhere!

Martha

1 comment:

Robert Nelson said...

Isn't it the Turth. Plus in a couple of years you will need a HD Decoder or a Hd-capable TV. At least PBC has some good stuff.

kudos for using Wordpress and great Skin(Theme) or what ever term you decide to use for terminology